There is one great thing you should add to your bag as you head to the beach:
Make it a pair of Surfing Sunglasses, or Floating Sunglasses.
Your regular glasses just won’t cut it as you enter the water. Great, I lost another pair.
As someone who enjoys surfing, fishing, sailing and other ocean activities, UV protection is essential for your eyes while you are actually out in the ocean. You are willing to put on sunscreen for your skin; but it makes no sense to not protect your eyes a quality pair of surfing sunglasses, and/or floating sunglasses. Damage to your vision is synonymous to saying goodbye to your water time. BUT, when you wear sunglasses in the ocean, you better make sure they float.
There are many brand options that sell floating sunglasses. NOT all surfing sunglasses products are equally made. Don’t end up with a poorly made product, check out this list of the best floating sunglasses available on the market today.
1. Wayfarer Wood Floating Sunglasses with their classic wayfarer style look good on just about everyone. Each pair is handcrafted with natural bamboo. The frames are then carbonized to strengthen the material for a richer finish.
The wood is porous, which makes these sunglasses buoyant, naturally. Also, no two pairs are identical. These glasses give you more than just quality eyeware for surfing sunglasses; they also plant up to 10 trees with every purchase of of their signature surfing sunglasses.
WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING: Click on image link for purchasing details.
- Constructed with eco-friendly wood
- Top quality 35mm polarized lenses
- All lenses provide UV400 protection
- Scratch-resistant lenses
- Flexible hinges mean maximum comfort
- Included is a cool wood case and a microfiber cloth
2. Ideal Eyewear Surfing Sunglasses – Polarized
The Ideal Eyewear Polarized Floating Sunglasses is the perfect accessory for your boating or fishing trip. Made of bamboo, these surfing sunglasses use shatterproof, polarized polycarbonate lenses that are scratch-resistant so you can go all out without the worry if your sunglasses
can keep up with your activity.
- Polarized, shatterproof lenses
- Reduced glare
- UV400 protection
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Black frame with smoke lense
3. Wave Gear Classic Polarized Floating Sunglasses
The Wave Gear Classic Polarized Sunglasses are an excellent choice for beach
sports such as volleyball, but they are also ideal to be used for boating, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and even surfing! Constructed of “unsinkable plastic,” this pair will stay afloat when falling in the water. Polarized lenses minimize glare and reduce eye fatigue. Continue seeing clearly and comfortably while you enjoy
the ocean experience.
- Constructed of buoyant plastic frames
- Lenses with 100% UVA and UVB protection
- Lightweight for comfort
- Included with a microfiber carry pouch
4. Rheos Gear Sapelos Surfing Sunglasses
Are you the ultimate waterman going on an extreme paddling, fishing or scuba diving adventure? If so, you’re going to need more than the average floating sunglasses. YOU NEED the Rheos Gear Sapelos Floating Sunglasses, which were built to last in the most extreme conditions. Made of virtually indestructible ultra lightweight TPX® material that weighs 30% less than other materials, makes this the best choice for your surfing sunglasses, or floating sunglasses needs
- Made with a Composite frame
- Mirrored and polarized lenses
- 100% UV400 protection
- Shatterproof lens technology
- Dual anti-scratch lens layers
- Premium polarized lenses
- Built-to-last screw-long hinge
- Sleek gunmetal finish
5. Fiore® Polarized Floating Sunglasses
Looking for a lightweight, high performance pair of floating sunglasses to match your lifestyle, then the Fiore® Polarized Floating Sunglasses will meet your standards. Made with aerodynamic frames with side windows with breakthrough Tri-Acetate Cellulose (TAC) polarized lenses that are extremely impact-resistant. If you’re highly motivated for top performance, then this is the pair that matches your lifestyle.
- TAC polarized lenses
- Aerodynamic design/unobstructed peripheral vision
- Hard-coated, scratch-resistant lenses
- Offers 100% UV400 protection
- Very lightweight
- Highly impact-resistant